A Recipe for Cream Puff Shells and Raspberry Sauce
Mar 01, 2019 03:04PM
● By Melissa Emerzian
Pâte À Choux
Yield: 24 Cream Puff Shells
· 1 Cup Water
· ¾ Stick Butter
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· 1/8 Teaspoon salt
· 5 ¾ oz Flour
· 1 Cup Eggs, about 4 large eggs and 2 whites
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Boil water, butter, sugar, and salt.
3. Add flour and remove from heat. Work mixture together and return to heat.
4. Continue working mixture until all flour is incorporated and dough forms into a ball.
5. Transfer mixture to a bowl of stand up mixer and let cool 3 to 4 minutes.
6. On low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, making sure each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next one.
7. Once all eggs have been added and the mixture is smooth, put dough into piping bag fitted with round tip.
8. Pipe immediately into golf ball size shapes, 2 inches apart onto parchment lined sheet pans.
9. Cook for 10 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 and bake for 10 more minutes until golden brown.
Courtesy of Alton Brown
1 pint of raspberries
½ teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
Pick 8 raspberries out for garnish
Simmer down rest of raspberries with .5 teaspoon of lemon juice
Strain juice through a wire sieve and discard pulp, put back into pan
Add sugar to taste
Make a slurry of cornstarch and water in a small bowl
Slowly add slurry to juice until slightly thicken