Celebrate with an Egg-cellent Outdoor Brunch
Apr 12, 2019 12:59PM
● By Melissa Emerzian
Take advantage of warmer weather by hosting an outdoor brunch serving an egg-tastic recipe that's sure to please your friends and family. Eggs Benedict Casserole is a do-it-yourself version of the restaurant classic, combining traditional ingredients with a spicy twist. Requiring only one dish for baking and serving, this recipe is perfect for special occassions and celebrations, or casual weekend brunches at home.
Here's a list of items to consider when preparing for your outdoor brunch:
Angelic Eggs - Take hard-boil eggs, remove the yolks and combine with mayonnaise, chopped salmon, dill, Tabasco Original Red Sauce and salt; then refill the egg whites and serve.
Dog-Day Fruit Salad - Combine your favorite fresh fruits, such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, with orange juice, orange peel, and honey.
Classic Bloody Mary - Combine tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice and Tabasco Original Red Sauce; stir, and pour over ice. Garnish with a celery stalk.
For more brunch recipes, visit www.Tabasco.com.
Eggs Benedict Casserole
- 6 cups French bread, cut into cubes
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco brand Original Red Sauce, divided
- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package Hollandaise sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place French bread cubes in 8-cup shallow casserole dish. Beat eggs, milk, chives, salt and 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce in large bowl; stir in Canadian bacon. Pour over bread cubes. Let mixture stand 5 minutes. Bake 40 minutes or until mixture is puffed and set.
- Meanwhile, prepare Hollandaise sauce as package directs. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Serve casserole with warm Hollandaise sauce.